- The Story of Gertrude H., semifinalist, 2020 Stories That Need to Be Told contest, TulipTree
- New York Post, Book of the Week selection, 28 Dec. 2019, for U-Boats in New England.
- Honorary Diploma, Association for Investigation, Diffusion of Cuban Naval History, 2015
- Roger Williams University School of Law Scholarship, Bristol, RI, 2001-2004
- Honors Program, Boston College, selected for Harris Manchester College, Oxford, UK, 1991
- Selected for original issue, Concord Review of History in 1989, Alexander the Great, age 17
- 1980; Turtle Report (with John Wiberg)
- 1988; Umbrae Papilionis
- 1989; Z. (for Zarathustra)
- 1990; Shorts
- 1991; Published Writing (first edition)
- 2003; Published Writing (second edition)
- 2003; Travel Writing
- 2009; Published Writing (third edition)
- 2009; Juvenilia
- 2009; Tanker Disasters
- 2010; Round the World in the Wrong Season (third edition)
- 2016; U-Boats in the Bahamas
- 2017; U-Boats off Bermuda
- 2017; Swan Sinks
- 2017; Published Writing, 1976-2017 (fourth edition)
- 2018; Albums: VII-Volumes (private)
- 2018; Åke Wiberg (with Mats Larsson)
- 2018; Napoleon’s Battles (with Felix Wiberg)
- 2019; Drift (script, with Paolo Pilladi)
- 2019; U-Boats in New England
- 2019; Diaries 1984–2019 (private)
- 2020; Boston Harbor
- 2020; Sea Stories
- 2020; Scars
- 2020; Bahamas in World War II
- 2020; Travel Diaries, 1985-1995
- 2021; First Fifty in Fifty
- 2021: Published Writing, 1976-2021 (fifth edition)
- 2021; Mailboats of the Bahamas
- 2021; Yacht Voyages
- 2021; Drifting to the Duchess (unpublished)
- 2021; Surviving St. George’s (unpublished)
- 2021; Tankers East of Suez (unpublished)
- 2022; Memoir Asian Leader (private client)
- 2023; History of Lyford Cay International School (completed)
- 2023; History of Lyford Cay Foundation
- 2023; History of H.G. Christie Realty
- 2023; Warplanes Lost and Found in the Bahamas.
+ Six Albums = 44
Warplanes Lost and Found in the Bahamas (2023). How finding a World War II bomber off the beach of his family business pivoted the life of a middle-age divorcee, enabling him to convince eight friends to loan their boats and expertise, culminating in a month-long voyage through Bahamas in 2023 in which six aircraft (total of ten) were found in just three weeks. ISBNs: Island Books, US, 978735632414, paperback, e-book. (pending)
Mailboats of the Bahamas: 350 Vessels in 200 Years (Apr. 2021): Comprehensive coverage of a polyglot fleet extends to the early 1800s. The author abandoned the usual “boat” research in favor of philately; the study of “mail.” This produced some 350 vessels and increased net understanding of this archipelagic network by over 100 ships and over 70 years. How local entrepreneurs and cooperatives on poorer islands bonded together for centuries to make, purchase and man their own vessels. Mailboats become the tortoise to the aircraft’s hare – never able to be replaced, at time unreliable yet at others indispensable. Using doctoral thesis, military records and modern social studies, this highly illustrated book pries into the impact on mailboats empowering locals, women, and both affirming and disregarding racial strictures ashore. The story about the participants many others have overlooked: the folks who built, manned, financed, and operated mailboats so that others may safely make it to the capital: sinews, synapses of the archipelago. ISBNs: Island Books, US, 9780984399895, 201619390, 350 pages, 80,000 words, hardback, 9780998375908, e-book.
Round The World in The Wrong Season (2010/2023): A coming-of-age story, just out of college, commands a leaking 68-foot wooden yacht with five persons from Bahamas, Canada, Sweden, New Zealand, and Australia to New Zealand. After 5.5 months the owner dies. Recent graduate, 23, follows college girlfriend to Thailand where she is a volunteer teacher on the Myanmar border, just in time to meet her Thai boyfriend. Institutionalized on return to Sweden. Less nice, per former girlfriend: Rich American follows loins crossing the Pacific while feeling sorry for himself. ISBNs: Island Books, 9780984399826, 2009914041, 47p., 159,356w, pb, 9780998375984, e-bk. 3rd Ed.
Bahamas in WWII: A Military Chronology, 1939-1945 (Jun. 2020): First-ever chronology of World War II in the western hemisphere; declaring the fight for Allied survival in a little known million-mile area with over two million participants. Had they failed; Britain would have run out of oil in mid-1942. Includes incredibly ambitious data delivery, all around a 350-page diary incorporating all diaries of Germans, Italians, British, US, and others. Every day, name of every dead, 5,000 trainees, 3,000 VIPs, 20,000 convoys, 4,000 ship names, 2,000 planes delivered, 150 bases, 25 units in Bahamas, the Windsors, planes, convoys, escorts, and U-Boat attack. Each entry informs the reader of all activities in the sky, on the surface, and below the sea, and how they interact. Over 50 B&W photographs, 25 original charts by a National Geographic veteran, many detailed appendices of wrecks, attacks, over 1,000 sightings of Allies by Germans and Italians so for the first times readers can very easily connect the dots and see which reporting sighting was valid and which not. ISBNs: Island Books, US, 9780998375939, 2017951460, hardback, and 9780998375946, e-book.
U-Boats in New England: Submarine Patrols, Survivors and Saboteurs 1942-45 (Nov. 2019): Why the US doesn’t want us knowing that U-boats dropped spies in three places, including New York, Maine, and Bay of Fundy, and a U-boat was grounded at Amagansett for hours but got away, and a Coast Guardsman took a bribe to let the Nazi’s pass and was given a medal, how Germans who surrendered were beaten so badly the commander killed himself on the common jail of Boston (now a hotel) and is buried where Madoff, Weiner, and the Boston Bombers stayed, at Ford Devens. Details 94 submarines attacking New England in WWII. Three groups of spies were inserted in Maine, the Hamptons, and Bay of Fundy. Thirty-Eight Allied ships attacked, throwing 2,000 men into the sea, of whom 500 died in US Navy’s greatest defeat. ISBNs: Fonthill Media, UK, 9781781557204, 416 pages, hardcover, e-book.
U-Boats off Bermuda: Patrol Summaries and Merchant Ship Survivors Landed in Bermuda 1940-1944 (Aug. 2017): This led to the US Navy in Nov. 2019 reversing credit for the sinking of U-84 between Bermuda and Bahamas, correcting the Congressional Record, and having the author speak at the US Capital to see a Distinguished Flying Cross awarded. Front page, Providence Journal. History of 142 German submarines patrolling around Bermuda, sinking 80 Allied ships for the loss of two submarines. 1,224 Allied sailors, passengers landed Bermuda. Drama of rescues by planes landing on the sea, Ivy-league American Field Service volunteers teaching merchant mariners how to sail lifeboats to the mainland. ISBNs: Fonthill Media, UK, 9781781556061, 256 pgs, hard, e-book
U-Boats in the Bahamas (Jul. 2016): Essentially created a new World War II battlefield; before this book historians stuck to the safety of the coast, and since it was a defeat the US and UK were happy to keep it that way. First-telling of 112 German and Italian submarines who surrounded Bahamas in WWII, sinking 130 Allied ships. Details fates of 300+ Allied sailors, Duke & Duchess of Windsor, Red Cross, boat-racing heiress Marion Carstairs, locals who helped U-Boat victims. ISBNs: Brick Tower Press, US, 9781899694624, 380 pages, hardcover, e-book.
Swan Sinks: SS Cygnet Sunk by Italian Submarine Enrico Tazzoli (May 2020): The Greek ship Cygnet, named for the swans of Andros, Greece, was torpedoed in sight of San Salvador, Bahamas by and Italian submarine run with incredible success until the aristocratic commander rammed a victim and limped home, still popping up to spook Allied ships (he killed himself on his government’s betrayal). The family who owned the ship are discrete tycoons, the men missed sharing the boat to America with Sidney Poitier by hours, the author visited shipping offices in UK, Bahamas, Greece, and followed the stories of the merchant sailors who emigrated, from small islands in Greece which he visited. A small compelling human-interest story about Italians attacking the Americas. ISBNs Island Books, US, 9780984399888, 2017905764, 138 pages, 26,619 words, paperback, 9780999437803, e-book.
Boston Harbor, (Mar., 2020): Images of Boston’s workaday waterways, taken from sea level. A unique and new working-man’s view of how the ships, terminals, passenger boats a cargoes and tugs interplay on a daily basis to make Boston – and New England – work. On a summer day one company alone has over 500 dockings and sailings in the Boston area, which boast 3 rivers, over 30 islands, a major airport, and many neighborhoods, from the Cape and Salem, woven together by boats. A captain with experience as a water-taxi operator (7 years), tankers (3), tugs (5, from shore), yachts (20), and a master’s in marine affairs and policy, the book is infused with surprising details; seals, dolphins, whales, birds. One ship captain lost it and went through the harbor backwards. Sub-zero, 4.30-am shifts in heavy snow. Documents the last days as Boston shut down. ISBNs: Island Books, US, 9780999437858, 2020900404, 178 pp, paper, 9780999437865, e-book.
Tanker Disasters: IMO’s Places of Refuge…, (Dec. 2010): This topic remains so popular and enduring in Europe (think: it covers their “Exxon Valdez”) that the author has been invited aboard two feature films (Spanish Freightened, and CapaTV earlier in 2020) to discuss it. Major oil spills, one of which toppled the Spanish government and cost billions and a decade or more of litigation. An academic master’s paper for URI’s well-known Masters of Marine Affairs program which Dr. Bob Ballard (Titanic, Woods Hole Oceanographic Institute) has taught at. Paper was written while simultaneously obtaining a degree in maritime law and operating yachts offshore. ISBNs: Island Books, US, 9780984399802, 2009913861, 200 pp, pb, 9780998375977, e-book.
Drifting to the Duchess: SS Potlatch, U-153, Incredible Survival, Bahamas, WWII: US merchant ship Potlatch under Jack Lapoint sets off for India spewing thick smoke. German commander, son of a rural Vicar who sank another U-boat in training and was hospitalized, sinks them. Most survive. A Dutch lifeboat finds 50 men in a 26-foot boat but sails on. A month later gangrene from a shark bite kills one man. They land. No food, they are a mile outside the arc of the nearest lighthouse. Two islands later, day 30, an old black steward dies in his arms. Then a lighthouse beam hits them. The crew range from a lawyer and future senator to Puerto Rican mess boys. Children find them splayed on an Acklins Island beach. A leaking schooner takes them, until the fastest woman on water, veteran of WWI: Marion ‘Joe’ Carstairs in Vergemere IV rescues 48. Bahamians bury the steward. Over 15 years the author met with survivors and has over 35 witness perspectives. Story is subject of The Queen of Whale Cay, a 2023 BBC documentary and two scripts. ISBNs: Island Books, US, 978-0-9983759-1-5, 2017913246, end-2020, 225 pages, 61,898 words, Paperback, 978-0-9983759-2-2 e-book. Drifting, script, with Paolo Pilladi ISBN: 9780999847923, 110 pp. (pending)
Tankers East of Suez (Dec. 2021): A memoir of three intense years’ operating old tanker ships from an office tower in Singapore where some of 21 ships in fleet would toot their horn when they passed our windows. Office team spoke over 10 languages, some wore sandals and many of us smoked, and scaffolding was still hand-made off bamboo and vines. Newcomers often stood on the toilet rim. Author voyaged on nine ships that went to North Korea, Africa, up South American rivers, and led to four deaths, from suicide, stabbing, explosion and heart attack; bodies kept in the food freezers. Mutinies and ship arrests, walruses and ice floes, bribes, kick-backs, paid honchos in Indonesia, crew fathering small villages. The best place to dump a body? Mozambique; because of civil war they are experts. Author helped save several stowaway’s lives. Their relation to each other? Same mother. Reason they left Sudan? Hope. ISBNs: 9780999437896; LOC PCN 2019908979, 978-0-9994378-8-9 250 pp., 57,401 w., pb. (pending)
Yacht Voyages (May 2021): Global adventures at sea on 125+ boats on several oceans in 70+ country and islands. Fire, sinking, abandon ship off Trinidad, leaking boat nursed from Galapagos to New Zealand, lost overboard in underwear in a snowstorm off Block Island, with captain gone no one knew how to turn on engine. Missing Bermuda, surviving 3 weeks of starvation, 2 knife attacks, water brackish, no use of head. 75,000 nautical miles is enough to go around the entire planet at the equator 3 times. The only gap in covering the globe on the surface after 4 such trips, is between Visakhapatnam, east coast India, and Mombasa – or St. Petersburg – Russia; basically, the Indian Ocean. ISBN Island Books, 0999847910, ISBN-13: 978-0999847916, ASIN B0944BSSJQ, 392 pages. Travel Diaries (Aug. 2020): A young man’s perceptions of USSR, East Africa, Ireland, Scandinavia, Turkey, Europe, Australia. 200 pages, 20 maps, 20 photos. ISBN: Island Books, 0999437879
Surviving St. George’s (Jan. 2021): Details grooming, abuse by faculty at boarding school, ages 16-17, and 35 years of campaigning by the author, from the Rhode Island supreme court to the Bayonne New Jersey cops, to a successful effort to punish the school’s attorneys. Vanity Fair Ben Wallace story (Nate the Crusader), Boston Globe and others. See the “Murphy Report” for a full accounting. Choir tours, musical chairs when 4 boys on weekend of heavy drinking to NJ, or Boston would end with 3 beds but 4 boys, so the unlucky one had to….. All funded by the schools and under their nose. A Bayonne cop, when I told him the perpetrator was in their neighborhood but could no longer be prosecuted? His response, as his tattooed eyelids deliberately rose and fell: “Don’t worry. We know what to do. We got this.” Chilling, and yet I’m sure they do. Perps still out there. ISBNs: 9780-999847909, LOC PCN: 2019909525, E-bk: 9780998375991, 153 pp., 133,408 w. (pending)
- Yacht Voyages: 125+ boats on several oceans in 70+ country and islands (2021)
- First Fifty in Fifty: Memoir to age 50, based on 1,000p collection of diaries, 9,000 photos (2021)
- Published Writing, 1976-2021: 100+ articles, prose, poems, journalism, travel, history (2021)
- Sea Stories: Best of the lot, from author’s experience and research, global mishaps, yarns (2020)
- Travel Diaries: 4 round-world travels, 70+ countries, islands, and 6 continents (2020)
- Scars: Brief study, explanation of wounds accrued, 18 specific episodes (2020)
- Boston Harbor: Images of Boston’s workaday waterways, taken from sea level. (2020)
- Bahamas in WWII: A Military Chronology: Every day, plane, convoy, escort, U-Boat attack (2020)
- Mailboats of the Bahamas; 200 Vessels in 200 Years: First full coverage of polyglot fleet (2020)
- U-Boats in New England: 94 submarines attacking New England in WWII, 3 spies (2019)
- U-Boats off Bermuda: 142 German subs sank 80 Allied ships 1,224 landed (2017)
- U-Boats in Bahamas: 112 German/Italian subs, WWII, 130 Allied ships, 300 Allies saved (2016)
- Napoleon’s Battles: A Six-Year-Old’s Perspectives: Children’s book dictated by son; offline (2018)
- Swan Sinks: Greek ship Cygnet was torpedoed off San Salvador by Italian sub, WWII (2017)
- Åke Wiberg: Bahamas Wibergs: Oral history, genealogy, stories, 3 generations Bahamas (2017)
- Round the World in the Wrong Season: Memoir of travel, sailing, heartbreak, adventure (2009)
- Juvenilia: Teen Books & Travel Writing: Four collections written boarding school, college (2010)
- Tanker Disasters: Master’s degree paper, places of refuge legislation for tankers, spills (2005)
- Warplanes Lost and Found in the Bahamas: Finding 10 WWII planes in just 14 months
- History of the H. G. Christie Realty Firm’s First 100 Years, mostly written
- History of the Lyford Cay Foundation: Commissioned institutional book, reactivated
- History of Lyford Cay International School: Commissioned coffee-table book, written
Lectures, Radio, Interviews
- Groton Public Library, CT, invitation to speak on the dedication to USN sub. USS Groton, 2023
- Crowninshield Yacht Squadron, Somerset Yacht Club, Boston, U-Boats New England, 1.4.2023
- Manchester Boat Club, Manchester, MA, U-Boats of New England, Nov. 2022
- Patten Free Library, Bath Maine, U-Boats in New England, Aug. 26, 2022
- Propeller Club Boston, Ntl. Maritime Day, U-Boats in New England, (cancel/covid) 7.11.2022
- Newport Nautical, Standing Before the Mast, Podcast Interview, Chris Eaton Metcalf, Feb. 2022
- Propeller Club of Boston, U-Boats in New England, Boston, MA, scheduled 5.25.2022
- Manchester Yacht Club, Manchester by the Sea, MA, U-Boats in New England, scheduled 1.2022
- ZNS TV & Radio, Immediate Response, Spence Finlayson, Mailboats of Bahamas, Nov. 2, 2021
- Henry L. Ferguson Museum, Fishers Island, NY: U-Boats in New England, 9.12.2021
- Northeast Maritime Institute (NMI), NEMO, Fairhaven, MA, 4-course podcast recordings, 8.2021
- Nantucket Historical Association, MA; USCG Cutter General Greene in WWII, 6.30.2021
- Maritime Conference Bahamas, Nassau, Bahamas: Mailboats in Blue Economy, 6.24.2021
- New York Yacht Club, NYC, Book Club talk, U-Boats in New England, via Zoom, 3.18.2021
- Eaglebrook School, Deerfield MA, Hilly Chase keynote; U-Boats in New England, 1.22.2020
- Presentation of the Distinguished Flying Cross, US Senate, remarks at ceremony, 12.5.2019
- Bahamas Historical Society, Nassau, Mailboats of the Bahamas, 200 Years of History, 8.1.2019
- Greek Orthodox Church Nassau, Bahamas, Greek SS Cygnet sunk San Salvador WWII, 7.28.2019
- Harbour I. Historical Society, Bahamas; round table: Hurricane Andrew, Mailboats, 11.15.18
- Public High School, Red Hook, NY; Panel on diversity in maritime careers, Portside NY, 5.2018
- CAMM (Council American Maritime Museums), Bermuda College, U-Boats Bermuda, 4.4.2018
- Bermuda National Library, Hamilton, U-Boats off Bermuda, Survivor Stories, Schooners, 4.3.2018
- US Merchant Marine Academy, Kings Point, NY, SS Potlatch vs. U-153, Cadets rescued, 10.11.17
- National Maritime Historical Society lecture, Montrose NY, U-Boat Trilogy, Cuba-Canada, 9.23.17
- Barry Eva’s A Book and a Chat Podcast, radio interview, U-Boats in Bahamas, 9.6.2017
- SUNY Maritime College, Fort Schuyler, NY, Luce Lecture, U-Boats Bahamas-New England, 3.2.17
- WCNT-FM, North Carolina, live radio interview, Jeff Diamond, U-Boats in Bahamas, 2.1.2017
- CBS Philadelphia, WIP AM-FM, Conversations with Peter Solomon, U-Boats in Bahamas, 1.15.17
- NPR Michigan, WGVU FM, Shelley Irwin discussion of U-Boats in Bahamas, 1.11.17
- Morning Blend, KTOE AM, Don Rivet & Dan McCargar, U-Boats in Bahamas, 1.9.17
- Logos Bookstore, Nassau Bahamas, Book signing event, Jan., 2017
- Buy the Book, Nassau, Bahamas, Book signing event, 1.6.2017
- AM Ocala Live, WOCA AM, Florida with Larry Whitler, U-Boats in Bahamas, 12.27.16
- Morning Show with Warren Lawrence, WKNY FM, New York, U-Boats in Bahamas, 12.22.16
- KXLO AM Montana, Live with Phyllis Hall, U-Boats in Bahamas, 12.12.16
- Maritime Industry Foundation, Stamford, 100 vessels, ten casualties, maritime career, 11.17.16
- India House, Hanover Sq. NYC, 100 vessels, dozen casualties; a shipping & sailing career, 11.9.16
- New York Yacht Club, NYC, Book launch, U-Boats in the Bahamas, cocktail reception, 10.18.16
- New York Yacht Club, NYC, NYYC-owned, affiliated yachts & U-Boats in WWII, 5.12.2016
- McAllister Towing, NYC, Adventures on sailboats from age 16. Geared to children. 4.28.2016
- Mediterranean Shipping Co., NYC, 100 vessels/10 casualties, lessons in leadership, 4.21.2016
- US Naval Sea Cadet Corps, Quonset, RI, Early sailing career, maritime jobs, Q&A. 4.20.2016
- Steamship Historical Society of America, Warwick, RI, U-Boats in New England, 2.13.2016
- Propeller Club of NY & NJ, NYC, U-Boats in New England, Axis & Allied views, 11.12.2015
- Seafarer’s International House, NYC, retrospective of sailing career, young missionaries, 7.15
- Tour of mail boats and Potter’s Cay Dock, Nassau, for NY Yacht Club cruisers, 3.27.2015
- LJM Maritime Academy, Nassau, Bahamas, Maritime career address to 1st cadet class, 3.17.15
- Propeller Club of NY & NJ, NYC, Potlatch survival narrative in Bahamas, 11.6.2014
- Stamford Yacht Club, CT, Schooners sunk by U-Boats in Bahamas, Bermuda, 1.16.2014
- Massachusetts Maritime Academy, Homecoming, Buzzards Bay, U-Boats in Bahamas, 10.4.13
- National Lighthouse Museum, Staten Island, NY, Lighthouses of the Bahamas in WWII, 7.18.2013
- Lyford Cay International School, Nassau, U-Boats in Bahamas, to students, 3.15.2013
- St. Andrew’s School, Nassau, U-Boats in Bahamas to students, 3.11.2013
- Bahamas Historical Society, Nassau, U-Boats in Bahamas, overview, 4.11.2012
- International Yacht Restoration School, Newport RI, Trans-Pacific, Yacht Stornoway, 3.29.2011
- SUNY Maritime College Fort Schuyler, NY, U-Boats in Bahamas students/profs., 2.2.2011
- Roger Williams University School of Law, Bristol RI, career advice to students, 3.30.2011
- Eaglebrook School, Deerfield MA, Hilly Chase Keynote, U-Boats in Bahamas, 4.6.2011
- Bluewater Books/Armchair Sailor, Newport, RI, book signing, U-Boats in Bahamas, 8.22.2010
- Bahamas Historical Society, Nassau, Survival in Bahamas, Pre-Columbian to Post-Colonial, 4.9.09
- University of Rhode Island, Marine Affairs Dept., S. Kingston, Business, Yacht Delivery, 4.2004
1974- (150+, 43 pubs)
- NASOH, The Northern Mariner, book review Quirky History Maritime Moments review, 2023
- (17) The Nassau Tribune, Series on Warplanes Lost & Found in Bahamas, mid-end 2023
- Journal of Bahamas Historical Society, Nassau, Warplane Accidents in Bahamas in WWII, 2023
- Sea History, National Maritime Historical Society, Review: Giants of the Sea, J. McCown, 2022
- Sea History, National Maritime Historical Society, Review: The Black Joke, by A. Rooks, 2022
- NASOH, The Northern Mariner, book review Warships in Spanish Civil War, by A. Konstam, 2022
- NASOH, The Northern Mariner, book review of Giants of the Sea by John McCown, 2022
- Nassau Tribune, Insight: Acklins gives up its WW2 secrets in just a few hours, Aug. 15, 2022
- Nassau Tribune, Insight: Stories uncovered from global conflict touched our shores, Jul. 4, 2022
- Nassau Tribune, Insight: Airmen Mystery Solved, Jun. 9, 2022
- H. G. Christie Brochure, H.G. Christie’s First Century in Bahamas Realty, Nassau, NP, 2021
- Journal, Bahamas Historical Society, Nassau, Mailboats, with Fred Braman, Dec. 2021
- North American Society for Oceanic History, review, Caribbean Front WWII, Fresnada, 2021
- Magazine A Praça, Bristol, RI, How sailor spent pandemic on Islands on 25 books, Fall, 2021
- Suez Canal, Yellow Fleet, ITB Philadelphia Yacht Jadeante, re Ever Given Suez Canal, FP, 3.2021
- Times of the Islands, Astrolabe, Turks & Caicos, TCI in WWII: Fauna, Part II, Winter, 2020-21
- New York Yacht Club magazine, NYC, Conrad’s Mirror of the Sea Book Review, Winter, 2021
- Joseph Conrad Fan Club, Facebook, Conrad: Initiation, Retrospective, Book Review, 11.20.2020
- Journal of Bahamas Historical Society, Nassau, The Bahamas During World War II, Nov. 2020
- PenDragon, Lyford Cay Intl. Sch., Summer 2020: From Worldly to World-Class, 2008-2020
- Writing Through the Pandemic, two essays for Claire Cabot’s Daily Anthology of Covid-19, 2020
- Powerships, Magazine of SSHSA, The General Greene to the Rescue, Nantucket, WWII, 2020
- Tulip Tree Publications, Anthology of Short Story Finalists, Story of Gertrude H.. Denver, CO, 2020
- Bahama Tales, by William Johnson, Jr., author of Foreword, 2019 (ISBN: 9781075307898)
- Astrolabe, Turks & Caicos Survivors of U-Boats Part II, TCI in WWII series, Winter 2019
- Astrolabe, Turks & Caicos, TCI in WWI & WWII, TCI in WWII series, Fall, 2019
- At the Helm, McAllister Towing Philadelphia Hosts VIPs Including Head of MARAD, Vol. 21, 2018
- At the Helm, ISM/ISO 9001 Audit by ABS SubChapter M Timeline, with M. Hwang, Vol. 22, 2019
- At the Helm, Re-Floating Bulk Carrier Sarocha Naree, Vol. 22, 2019
- At the Helm, Tugs Iona, Buckley Rescue Asphalt Tanker Feng Huang Ao, M. Hwang, Vol 22, 2019
- PenDragon, Lyford Cay Intl. Sch., Spring 2019: LCIS Evolves; School History New Millennium
- Magazine A Praça, Azores from a Swedish-Bahamian Sailor, May-June, 2019
- PenDragon, Lyford Cay Intl. Sch., 2018: LCIS in its Adolescence, History, late 1970s to 1990s.
- Bahamas Handbook, 2018: WWI and the Bahamas: Defender Capt. Stephen Albert Dillett.
- Journal, Bah. Historical Soc. Struggle Towards Enforcing Justice: Slave Trade, Havana 1824, 2017
- Bernews, 4.2018: U-boats Bermuda, bernews.com/2018/04/book-signing-u-boats-bermuda
- PowerShips, Steamship Historical Society/America, 2018: U-Boats off New England 1942-1945.
- PenDragon, Lyford Cay Intl. Sch., 2017: A Humble Beginning, History, LCIS 1960s-early 1980s.
- PowerShips, Sept. 2016: History of Mail Boats of the Bahamas: 200 vessels over 200 years.
- (15) Nassau Tribune, Bah., March-July 2016: Weekend features on mailboats 1804 to 2016.
- Marine Technology, Society Naval Architects & Marine Engineers: Tractor Tug History, 4.2016
- PenDragon, Lyford Cay International School, 2016; History of Horses in the Bahamas
- Journal, Bahamas Historical Society, 2016: SS Potlatch survivors’ voyage through Bahamas.
- (4) BerNews, 2015: U-Boats off Bermuda, articles on ships, subs, aviators, survivors.
- Oxford Today, Oxford University, UK, Aug. 2015: War in Paradise, www.oxfordtoday.ox.ac.uk.
- PenDragon, Lyford Cay International School, 2015: Young Man & the Sea, Alumnus.
- PowerShips, Steamship Historical Society, Winter 2015: U-Boats in the Bahamas & Bermuda.
- Bahamas Handbook, 2015: Sir A. J. Adderley & the S/V Emma Tuttle, blockades & business.
- The Abaconian, Marsh Harbour, Bahamas, 2012: WWII U-Boats attack 3 ships off Abaco.
- Schooner Bay Mainsheet, Abaco, 2012: U-128’s attack v tanker O. A. Knudsen, Abaco.
- (3) Nassau Tribune, Nov. 2013, 1: U-Boats in Bahamas in WWII; a local witness and 2 graves.
- Bahamas Handbook, Nassau, 2011: U-Boats in the Bahamas in WWII.
- Journal of the Bahamas Historical Society, Nassau, 2010: U-Boats in the Bahamas in WWII.
- Property Owner’s Newsletter, Eleuthera Island Shores, 2007: advice to owners.
- (3) The Docket, Roger Williams Univ. School/Law, Bristol, 2003: loss of yacht Stiarna in 3 parts.
- Cruising World, Middletown, RI, Oct. 2000: A Deliver Skipper Sees His Lifetime in 16 Minutes.
- Newport This Week, RI, c.1998: a review of Riddle of the Sands by Erskine Childers.
- (2) What’s On, Bahamas, Nassau, 1995: 2-part series, yacht Stornoway’s trans-Pacific voyage.
- The Stylus, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, 1993: log of Chebec’s trans-Atlantic voyage.
- (25) The Heights, Boston College, MA, 1990-1993, dozens of articles as a journalist.
- St. George’s School Bulletin, Newport, RI: Log of yacht Chebec’s trans-Atlantic voyage, Sum. 1992
- The Mancunian, Harris-Manchester College, Oxford Univ., 1992: Chebec’s trans-Atlantic voyage.
- The Bridge, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, 1992: editorial on the L.A. riots.
- The Nassau Tribune, August 1992: arrival of Australian tall ship Young Endeavour in Nassau.
- The Nassau Tribune, August 1992: front-page of author and his brother in Hurricane Andrew.
- The Nassau Tribune, August, 1989: A summer under sail, yacht Tempo Marion-Bermuda Race.
- The Concord Review of History, 1989: Alexander the Great’s campaign to India, 327-325 BC.
- (5) The Dragon, creative writing anthology, St. George’s School, 1986-1989: poems, prose.
- (2) Red & White newspaper, St. George’s School, Newport, RI, 1986-1989: a pair of articles.
- (3) Poetry Fest anthologies, Governor’s Academy, 1987-1989: selection of poems read.
- (5) Outlook, anthology Eaglebrook School, Old Deerfield, MA, 1983-1986: poems and prose.
- (5) Lyford Cay School, Nassau Bahamas, 1974-1979: yearbooks, poetry & prose.
- The Nassau Tribune: Airmen Mystery Solved, June 9, 2022
- Halifax Chronicle Saltwire, A Bahamian man helps solve a 77-year…, John Demont, 4.13.2022
- CBC News Canada, How a persistent diver in Bahamas solved, Richard Woodbury, 6.6.2022
- The Nassau Guardian, World War II Artefacts Donated to the AMMC, Feb. 4, 2022
- Grand Bahama Museum, Exhibition ETW U-Boat Archives, grandbahamamuseum.org, 2022
- Cruising by Mailboat in the Bahama Islands, bio, photo, credits, by Capt. Fred Braman, 2021
- Nassau Tribune, Bahamas, Peter Young, columnist, Spotlight on Bahamas in WWII, 11.9.2020
- Air Commodore G. R. Pitchfork, RAF, & Dr. Axel Niestlé, Forewords, Bahamas in WWII, 2020
- Model Boats UK Review of U-Boats in New England, David H. Smith, modelboats.co.uk 1.2020
- Capt. Paul Aranha, Foreword, Bahamas in WWII: A Military Chronology, Jan. 2020
- Cuban National TV, Havana, AIDHNC’s Maximino Gómez promoted U-Boats Bahamas, 2020
- The New York Post, Best Book of the Week, U-Boats in New England, week of 12.28.2019
- Providence Journal, Overdue Honor, Page 1, photo, by Gerry Goldstein, 12.2.19, projo.com
- WWII Hero Recognition, OshKosh Wisconsin Herald, Oshkoshherald.com, 12.17.2019
- Congressional Record, Proceedings of 116th Congress, 1st Session, DC, Honors Lt. Evert, 2019
- Dr. Robert M. Browning, Jr, Ret. USCG Chief Historian, Foreword, U-Boats New England, 2019
- Bahamas at Sunrise radio, promoting BHS Mailboats Lecture, J. Albury, A. Major, 7.12.19
- Marine Technology, Review UB New Eng., German Subs, Strategy, Robert F. Cross, 4.2019
- Bernews, Book Signing Set, bernews.com/2018/04/book-signing-u-boats-bermuda, 2018
- Rolling Stone, rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/628023/ J. Reitman source 5.2.2018
- Soundings Magazine, book review, Axis Subs in the Islands, U-Boats in Bahamas, Aug, 2017
- (5+) Uboat.net, citations to photos and research contributions 2010 to 2017.
- Vanity Fair, How St. George’s Atonement for its Sex-Abuse Scandals, B. Wallace Aug., 2016
- AP apnews.com/222eaf9f330e4cdf812634f0baf3d5ca, Anon. Michael Kunzelman, 8.2217
- Boston Globe, More Alumni St. George’s School Step Forward, Bella English, 12.12.2015
- Naval Historical Foundation, Review of U-Boats off Bermuda by Timothy Heck, 3.2.201
- Tradewinds News “Plus,” magazine The sub that sank the Cygnet, Paul Berrill, Nov. 23, 2017
- Review of U-Boats in the Bahamas, by C. Henry Depew, The Ensign, Fall, 2017
- Bermuda Royal Gazette: Visitor’s book on U-boats off Bermuda; Lifestyle, Jessie Hardy, 2017
- Telegraph, Nautilus Intl. (UK), Classy addition to annals of Merchant Navy in WW2, 2017
- Uboat.net, Guðmundur Helgason, U-Boats Bermuda, uboat.net/books/item/2443 2017
- Warsailors.org, Norwegian site dedicated to WWII sailors, citations, credit Eric 9X to 2017
- Kendal Butler, Foreword, Mailboats of the Bahamas, 7.2017
- Craig Symonette, Foreword, Mailboats of the Bahamas, 7.2017
- Dr. Edward Harris, MBD, JP, PhD, FSA, Foreword, U-Boats off Bermuda, 9.3.2016
- Tradewinds, book review: Battleground Bahamas, U-Boats in the Bahamas, Sept. 8, 2016
- Bahamas Pundit, U-Boats in the Bahamas, Larry Smith, bahamapundit.com/2016/08, 2016
- Vanity Fair, The Prep School Scandal, Ben Wallace, Ethan, the Crusader, August 2016
- So Close to Home, Michael J. Tougias & Alison O’Leary credited fellow historian ETW, 2016
- Uboat.net, Guðmundur Helgason, U-Boats Bahamas, uboat.net/books/item/2442, 2016
- J. Revell Carr, Foreword, U-Boats in the Bahamas, Aug. 2016
- Warsailors.com, Siri Holm Lawson, about 10 citations to contributions, 2009-2016
- Book Review, U-Boats in the Bahamas, by Donald Frost, CMA CT Maritime Assoc., 2016
- The Pointer, Assoc. Naval Armed Guard vets armed-guard.com/201304pointer.pdf, 2013
- Belleville News-Democrat (Ill.) Maureen Houston, Grandpa Wasn’t Lying, SS Potlatch, 2012
- USCG AMVER Director Ben Strong review Tanker Disasters, amveruscg.blogspot.com 1.26.10
- Southcoasttoday.com, Barbara Veneri, Wind & Rough Seas, man overboard, June 19, 2009
- Greenwich Advocate / Stamford Advocate, biopic of ETW’s maritime recruiting, May 4, 2007
- South Coast Living, Annie Sherman, article, working life afloat, yacht delivery skipper, 2007
- Party ‘Till the World Obeys, Jason Whitney, ETW given pseudonym of Wolf Winterson, 2006
- Bermuda Sun, B. Candace Ray, Warren Brown Takes War Baby where no one has gone, 6.2001
- Bermuda Sun, B. Candace Ray, Scheherazade: The Skipper as Student, June, 2000
- Caribbean Boating/Newport Sailor, Newport RI/St Thomas, USVI, biopic sailing career, 2000
- Lonely Planet Guides to East Africa utilized A Brief Stint in East Africa in 1992, sent free copy
Film, TV, Podcasts
- BBC Producer Kate Crane, Westward Ho! re: Marion Carstairs, Potlatch, NYC & Nassau, 2023
- The U-Boat and The Rocket: The Fate of Two Steinhoff Brothers, U-873, feature film, Etoile Productions, Boston, MA, 2023 – expert interview
- Top U-Boat Commanders of Second World War, youtube.com/watch?v=2G07YPoKmoQ 2022
- Biopic of Sir Harold G. Christie, Director Kareem Mortimer, Interviewed, Nassau/LA, 2022
- Charm is Overrated, shipshape.pro/podcast/charm-is-underestimated-eric-wiberg/ 2022
- Documentary Le Naufrage de L’Erika, CapaTV Paris, RMC Découverte (Hors de Controle). video.capatv.com/index.php?Lien=717e3f67b1ff7770b4e7586a5fb2d58b68b1f521
- TED Talk submission, Recipe for Hope, URI, youtube.com/watch?v=O-GSmqyy3BM, 1.20.2021
- Filmed round table discussion of Hurricane Andrew, Mailboats, Harbour Island, Bahamas 11.18
- Cooper’s Treasure, TV show, Ample Entertainment for Discovery Channel, filmed 12.17 West End, Grand Bahama, https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/coopers-treasure/
- Drifting to the Duchess: certificate, NY Film Academy for script of Potlatch’s crew’s WWII, 12.17
- Providence Journal TV, 4-part 4th of July series, Historian recounts fateful mission, on lost USN flight crew sank U-Boat, providencejournal.com/search?text=eric%20wiberg&start=1
- Freightened, a documentary about the global shipping industry by European film makers. World Premier April 2016, freightened.com/learn-more/#experts
- Tore på Sporet, NRK2, Trondheim Norway aired to 1.2M views Dec. 26, 2015: discovery of sailor’s grave in Bahamas, tv.nrk.no/serie/tore-paa-sporet/DMPF71005713/26-12-2015
Online Articles On ETW
- Halifax Chronicle Saltwire, A Bahamian man helps solve a 77-year.., J Demont, Apr. 13, 2022
- CBC News Canada, How a persistent diver in the Bahamas solved .., R. Woodbury, Jun. 6, 2022
- Northeast Maritime Institute / NEMO announced partnership on 4 courses by Eric, 2023
- bahamianology.com/eric-wiberg-travelled-10000-nautical-miles-to-chronicle-bahamian-maritime-history/, Mailboats of the Bahamas, London, UK, May 2020
- abacosun.com/tag/eric-wiberg/ Is There an Isaac Roberts in Your Bahamian Family Tree?, Abaco Sun, Amanda Dietrich, 9.21.2021
- anglingdestinations.com/blog/201306/final-installment-ww-ii Potlatch survivors WW2
- anglingdestinations.com/blog/201306/update-ww-ii-story-acklins-island Potlatch
- navsource.org/archives/14/pdf/1431453a.pdf2016, 2016: USN YP-453 ex-Pleiades
- littlehousebytheferry.com/?s=wiberg, 2015: expedition to grave, OA Knudsen sailor, Abaco
- navsource.org/archives/12/151059, 2014, Grounding, Salvage of SC-1059 Bahamas WWII
- u-historia.com/uhistoria/historia/articulos/u153/u153.htm, 2014: Potlatch v U-153
- scottsheywood.blogspot.com/search?q=potlatch, 2013: Potlatch survivors landed Acklins
Homepage: ericwiberg.com – homepage for all books, blogs, posts, research, photos, etc.
Blogs: 1,000 posts, 16,000+ pgs in blogs, U-boats, offshore wind, mailboats
Amazon: amazon.com/Eric-Wiberg – 18 titles in both physical and Kindle formats
Instagram: instagram.com/ericwiberg/; 125+ videos: infrastructure, rail, ships, air, pipes, road.
Twitter: @ericwiberg, 700+ Tweets: infrastructure, videos in Europe Scandinavia, Americas
Linkedin: linkedin.com/ericwiberg, 7,000 contacts followers, c.300 posts, videos, shipping
Facebook: facebook.com/EricTWiberg 1,000 or so stories, links, videos posted over 10+ years
Youtube: youtube.com/results?search_query=eric+wiberg+uboats; radio spots, travel, ships
Wikipedia: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Caribbean, 6 articles
Everipedia: everipedia.org/wiki/lang_en/eric-wiberg – full bio.
IMDb (film): imdb.com/name/nm9240651/
Podcasts: Misc.: 12 hours filmed, 4 new courses at Northeast Maritime Institute, Fairhaven MA
- Honoring 57-year-old Norwegian merchant sailor killed on O. A. Knudsen by U-128, Cross Harbor, Abaco, erected following the discovery of his grave in 2016 with granddaughters.
- Commemorating Duchess of Windsor, Wallis Simpson’ many exertions as head of Red Cross in Bahamas in WWII to welcome, care for, repatriate many Allied U-Boat victims, Nassau.
Research in Archives
- Bahamas National Archives; U-Boats Bahamas, Swan Sinks, Mailboats, Bahamas WWII
- National Museum of Bermuda; U-Boats off Bermuda
- LJM Maritime Academy, Bahamas; Mailboats, U-Boats Bahamas, Bahamas WWII (digital)
- Nantucket Historical Association; U-Boats in New England.
- Henry L. Ferguson Museum, Fishers Island, NY; artefacts, research, Thelma Phoebe
- SUNY Maritime Museum & Library, NY, donated 500+ U-boat, WWII books