- Boston Harbor: Images of Boston’s workaday waterways, taken from sea level. (1.2020)
- Bahamas in WWII: A Military Chronology: Every day, plane, convoy, escort, U-Boat attack. (2.2020)
- Drifting to the Duchess/Script: Marion Carstairs’ rescue of 50 US sailors from Potlatch WWII. (2019)
- U-Boats in New England: Details 94 submarines attacking New England in WWII. Three groups of spies were inserted in Maine, the Hamptons, and Bay of Fundy. Thirty-Eight Allied ships attacked, throwing 2,000 men into the sea, of whom 500 died in US Navy’s greatest defeat. (11.2019)
- U-Boats off Bermuda: History of 142 German submarines patrolling around Bermuda, sinking 80 Allied ships for the loss of two submarines. 1,224 Allied sailors, passengers landed Bermuda. (2017)
- U-Boats in Bahamas: First-telling of 112 German and Italian submarines who surrounded Bahamas in WWII, sinking 130 Allied ships. Details fates of 300+ Allied sailors, Duke & Duchess of Windsor, Red Cross, boat-racing heiress Marion Carstairs, locals who helped U-Boat victims. (2016)
- Swan Sinks: Greek ship Cygnet was torpedoed in sight of San Salvador by Italian sub, WWII. (2017)
- Published Writing, 1976-2017: 100+ articles, prose, poems, journalism, travel, history. (2017)
- Åke Wiberg: Bahamas Wibergs: Oral history, genealogy, stories, 4 generations SWE-Bahamas. (2017)
- Napoleon’s Battles: A Six-Year-Old’s Perspectives: Children’s book dictated by son, strategy. (1.2018)
- Round the World in the Wrong Season: Memoir of travel, sailing, heartbreak, adventure, coming-of-age. Shark attack, storms, mutiny, desertion, college lover. 1st command to owner’s death. (2009)
- Juvenilia: Teen Books & Travel Writing: Four collections written in boarding school, college. (2010)
- Tanker Disasters: Master’s degree paper, places of refuge legislation for tankers, oil spills. (2005)
- Mailboats of the Bahamas; 200 Vessels in 200 Years: First full coverage of polyglot fleet. (3.2020)
- Drifting to the Duchess/Book: 220 pp done, 200 to go. 1,000+ new docs/images to add (8.2020)
- Surviving St. George’s: Details grooming, abuse by faculty at boarding school, ages 16-17. (2021)
- Tankers East of Suez: Memoir, 3 intense years operating old tanker ships from Singapore. (2021)
- Yacht Voyages: 125+ boats on several oceans in 70+ country and islands. (2020)
- Travel Diaries: 4 round-world travels, 70+ countries, islands, and 6 continents. (2020)
- History of the Lyford Cay Foundation: Commissioned institutional history book. (12.2020)
- History of Lyford Cay International School: Commissioned coffee-table history book. (3.2021)
- First Fifty: Memoir to age fifty, based on 1,000-page collection of diaries, 9,000 photos. (2021)
- Scars: Brief study, explanation of wounds accrued and description of 18 specific episodes (2021)
Note: Eight other books are published privately, totaling over 4,500 pages and over 500,000 words.
1974-1/2020 (112, in 35+ pubs)
- PowerShips, Steamship Historical Society/America, 2020: USCGC General Greene’s WW2 Rescues
- Bahama Tales, by William Johnson, Jr., author of Foreword, 2019 (ISBN: 9781075307898)
- Astrolabe, Turks & Caicos Survivors of U-Boats Part II timespub.tc/2019/12/tci-in-wwii/ Winter 2019
- Astrolabe, Turks & Caicos, TCI in WWI & WWII, timespub.tc/2019/09/tci-in-wwi-and-wwii/ Fall, 2019
- At the Helm, McAllister Towing of Philadelphia Hosts VIPs Including Head of MARAD, Vol. 21, 2018
- At the Helm, ISM/ISO 9001 Audit by ABS SubChapter M Timeline, with M. Hwang, Vol. 22, 2019
- At the Helm, Re-Floating Bulk Carrier Sarocha Naree, Vol. 22, 2019
- At the Helm, Tugs Iona, Buckley Rescue Asphalt Tanker Feng Huang Ao, with M. Hwang, Vol 22, 2019
- PenDragon, Lyford Cay Intl. Sch., Spring 2019: LCIS Evolves; School History from the New Millenium,
- Magazine A Praça, Azores from a Swedish-Bahamian Sailor, magazineapraca.com, May-June, 2019
- PenDragon, Lyford Cay Intl. Sch., 2018: LCIS in its Adolescence, History from Late 1970s to the 1990s.
- Bahamas Handbook, 2018: WWI and the Bahamas: Defender Capt. Stephen Albert Dillett.
- Journal, Bah. Historical Soc., ‘17: Struggle Towards Enforcing Justice: Slave Trade, Havana 1824-6.
- Bernews, 4.2018: UBoats Bermuda, bernews.com/2018/04/book-signing-u-boats-bermuda
- PowerShips, Steamship Historical Society/America, 2018: U-Boats off New England 1942-1945.
- PenDragon, Lyford Cay Intl. Sch., 2017: A Humble Beginning, History, LCIS 1960s-early 1980s.
- PowerShips, Sept. 2016: History of Mail Boats of the Bahamas: 200 vessels over 200 years.
- (15) Nassau Tribune, Bah., March-July 2016: Weekend features on mailboats 1804 to 2016.
- Marine Technology, April, 2016 Society Naval Architects & Marine Engineers: History, Tractor Tugs.
- PenDragon, Lyford Cay International School, 2016; History of Horses in the Bahamas
- Journal, Bahamas Historical Society, 2016: SS Potlatch survivors’ voyage through Bahamas.
- (4) BerNews, 2015: U-Boats off Bermuda, articles on ships, subs, aviators, survivors.
- Oxford Today, Oxford University, UK, Aug. 2015: War in Paradise, www.oxfordtoday.ox.ac.uk.
- PenDragon, Lyford Cay International School, 2015: Young Man & the Sea, Alumnus.
- PowerShips, Steamship Historical Society, Winter 2015: U-Boats in the Bahamas & Bermuda.
- Bahamas Handbook, 2015: Sir A. J. Adderley & the S/V Emma Tuttle, blockades & business.
- The Abaconian, Marsh Harbour, Bahamas, 2012: WWII U-Boats attack 3 ships off Abaco.
- Schooner Bay Mainsheet, Abaco, 2012: U-128’s attack v tanker O. A. Knudsen, Abaco.
- (3) Nassau Tribune, Nov. 2013, 1: U-Boats in Bahamas in WWII; a local witness and 2 graves.
- Bahamas Handbook, Nassau, 2011: U-Boats in the Bahamas in WWII.
- Journal of the Bahamas Historical Society, Nassau, 2010: U-Boats in the Bahamas in WWII.
- Property Owner’s Newsletter, Eleuthera Island Shores, 2007: advice to owners.
- (3) The Docket, Roger Williams Univ. School/Law, Bristol, 2003: loss of yacht Stiarna in 3 parts.
- Cruising World, Middletown, RI, Oct. 2000: A Deliver Skipper Sees His Lifetime in 16 Minutes.
- Newport This Week, RI, c.1998: a review of Riddle of the Sands by Erskine Childers.
- (2) What’s On, Bahamas, Nassau, 1995: 2-part series, yacht Stornoway’s trans-Pacific voyage.
- The Stylus, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, 1993: log of Chebec’s trans-Atlantic voyage.
- (25) The Heights, Boston College, MA, 1990-1993, dozens of articles as a journalist.
- St. George’s School Bulletin, Newport, RI Summer, 1992: Log of yacht Chebec’s trans-Atlantic voyage.
- The Mancunian, Harris-Manchester College, Oxford Univ., 1992: Chebec’s trans-Atlantic voyage.
- The Bridge, Boston College, Chestnut Hill, MA, 1992: editorial on the L.A. riots.
- The Nassau Tribune, August 1992: arrival of Australian tall ship Young Endeavour in Nassau.
- The Nassau Tribune, August 1992: front-page of author and his brother in Hurricane Andrew.
- The Nassau Tribune, August, 1989: A summer under sail, yacht Tempo Marion-Bermuda Race.
- The Concord Review of History, 1989: Alexander the Great’s campaign to India, 327-325 BC.
- (5) The Dragon, creative writing anthology, St. George’s School, 1986-1989: poems, prose.
- (2) Red & White newspaper, St. George’s School, Newport, RI, 1986-1989: a pair of articles.
- (3) Poetry Fest anthologies, Governor’s Academy, 1987-1989: selection of poems read.
- (5) Outlook, anthology Eaglebrook School, Old Deerfield, MA, 1983-1986: poems and prose.
- (5) Lyford Cay School, Nassau Bahamas, 1974-1979: yearbooks, poetry & prose.
Articles, Reviews & Citations
- The New York Post, Best Book of the Week, Dec. 28, 2019, for U-Boats in New England, review by Mackenzie Dawson. https://nypost.com/2019/12/28/the-best-books-of-the-week-57/,
- Providence Journal, Overdue Honor, Page 1, photo, by Gerry Goldstein, 12.2.19, projo.com
- Model Boats UK Jan. 2020 Review of U-Boats in New England, by David H. Smith, modelboats.co.uk
- WWII Hero Recognition, OshKosh Wisconsin Herald, Dec. 17, 2019, Oshkoshherald.com
- Congressional Record, Proceedings of 116th Congresss, 1st Session, DC, Honoring Lt. Evert, 11.21.19
- Capt. Paul Aranha, Foreword, Bahamas in WWII: A Military Chronology, Jan. 2020
- Dr. Robert M. Browning, Jr., Ret. USCG Chief Historian, Foreword, U-Boats in New England, 2019
- Bahamas at Sunrise radio, promoting BHS Mailboats Lecture, Joan Albury, Andrea Major, 7.12.19
- Marine Technology, Review UB New Eng., German Subs, Maritime Strategy, Robert F. Cross, 4.2019
- Bernews, Book Signing Set, bernews.com/2018/04/book-signing-u-boats-bermuda, Apr. 4, 2018
- Rolling Stone, https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/all-american-nazis-628023/ All-American Nazis, Anon. source, Janet Reitman, May 2, 2018, re Bahamas-born B. Russell.
- Vanity Fair, https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/07/st-georges-sex-abuse-scandals, How St. George’s Atonement for its Sex-Abuse Scandals Turned Ugly. Anon. lead source, Benjamin Wallace Aug., 2016. Pseudonym “Nathan the Crusader”, my diaries, interviews, photos, etc. used.
- AP https://apnews.com/222eaf9f330e4cdf812634f0baf3d5ca, Anon. source, Michael Kunzelman, Aug. 22, 2017, interviewed Anon. source on Brandon Russell, Bahamas, to whom I gave school talk.
- Boston Globe, https://www.bostonglobe.com/lifestyle/2015/12/23/more-alumni-george-school-step-forward-with-complaints-sexual-assault/YlGF0S56C7Lenxnm3vaJKO/story.html, https://www.bostonglobe.com/section/stgeorges, Anon. source, Bella English
- Naval Historical Foundation, Review of U-Boats off Bermuda by Timothy Heck, March 2, 2018, https://www.navyhistory.org/2018/03/u-boats-off-bermuda
- Tradewinds News “Plus,” magazine The sub that sank the Cygnet, Paul Berrill, Nov. 23, 2017
- Bermuda Royal Gazette: Visitor’s book on U-boats off Bermuda; Lifestyle, Jessie M. Hardy, 8.14.17
- Telegraph, Nautilus Intl. (UK), Classy addition to annals of Merchant Navy in WW2, Oct., 2017
- Uboat.net, Guðmundur Helgason, Review, U-Boats Bermuda, uboat.net/books/item/2443 2017
- Kendal Butler, Foreword, Mailboats of the Bahamas, 7.2017
- Craig Symonette, Foreword, Mailboats of the Bahamas, 7.2017
- Dr. Edward Harris, MBD, JP, PhD, FSA, Foreword, U-Boats off Bermuda, 9.3.2016
- Tradewinds, book review: Battleground Bahamas, U-Boats in the Bahamas, Sept. 8, 2016
- Bahamas Pundit, U-Boats in the Bahamas, Larry Smith, bahamapundit.com/2016/08, Aug. 2016
- Vanity Fair, The Prep School Scandal, Ben Wallace, Ethan, the Crusader, August 2016
- So Close to Home, Michael J. Tougias & Alison O’Leary credited fellow historian ETW, 2016
- Uboat.net, Guðmundur Helgason, Review, U-Boats Bahamas, uboat.net/books/item/2442, 2016
- J. Revell Carr, Foreword, U-Boats in the Bahamas, Aug. 2016
- Warsailors.com, Siri Holm Lawson, about 10 citations to contributions, 2009-2016
- The Pointer, Assoc. Naval Armed Guard vets armed-guard.com/201304pointer.pdf, 2013
- Belleville News-Democrat (Illinois) Maureen Houston, Grandpa Wasn’t Lying, SS Potlatch, 2012
- USCG AMVER Director Ben Strong reviewed Tanker Disasters, amveruscg.blogspot.com 1.26.10
- Southcoasttoday.com, Barbara Veneri, Wind & Rough Seas, man overboard, June 19, 2009
- Greenwich Advocate / Stamford Advocate, biopic of ETW’s maritime recruiting, May 4, 2007
- South Coast Living, Annie Sherman, article on working life afloat, incl. yacht delivery skipper, 2007
- Party ‘Till the World Obeys, Jason Whitney, ETW given pseudonym of Wolf Winterson, 2006
- Bermuda Sun, B. Candace Ray, Warren Brown Takes War Baby where no one has gone, 6.2001
- Bermuda Sun, B. Candace Ray, Scheherazade: The Skipper as Student, June, 2000
- Caribbean Boating / Newport Sailor, Newport RI/St. Thomas, USVI, biopic of sailing career, 2000
Film & Television
- Documentary film Le Naufrage de L’Erika, CapaTV Paris, RMC Découverte (Hors de Controle). Role as an author on tanker casualties. http://video.capatv.com/index.php?Lien=717e3f67b1ff7770b4e7586a5fb2d58b68b1f521
- BBC Producer Kate Crane, Westward Ho! re: Marion Carstairs, Potlatch, NYC 9.18, Nassau 7.19
- Filmed round table discussion of Hurricane Andrew and Mailboats, Harbour Island, Bahamas 11.18
- Cooper’s Treasure, TV show, Ample Entertainment for Discovery Channel, filmed 12.17 West End, Grand Bahama, https://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/coopers-treasure/
- Drifting to the Duchess: certificate, NY Film Academy for script of Potlatch’s crew’s WWII, 12.17
- Providence Journal TV, 4-part 4th of July series, Historian recounts fateful mission, on lost USN flight crew sank U-Boat http://www.providencejournal.com/search?text=eric%20wiberg&start=1
- Freightened, a documentary about the global shipping industry by European film makers. World Premier April 2016, http://freightened.com/learn-more/#experts
- Tore på Sporet, NRK2, Trondheim Norway aired to 1.2M views Dec. 26, 2015: discovery of sailor’s grave in Bahamas, https://tv.nrk.no/serie/tore-paa-sporet/DMPF71005713/26-12-2015
Articles Published Online
- http://www.navsource.org/archives/14/pdf/1431453a.pdf 2016, 2016: USN YP-453 ex-Pleiades
- https://littlehousebytheferry.com/?s=wiberg, 2015: expedition to grave, OA Knudsen sailor, Abaco
- http://navsource.org/archives/12/151059, 2014, Grounding, Salvage of SC-1059 Bahamas WWII
- http://www.u-historia.com/uhistoria/historia/articulos/u153/u153.htm, 2014: Potlatch v U-153
- http://scottsheywood.blogspot.com/search?q=potlatch, 2013: Potlatch survivors landed Acklins Isl.
Research Kept in National Archives, Collections
Bahamas National Archives, National Museum of Bermuda, LJM Maritime Academy Bahamas have requested and hold on reference the author’s research, including original chart-lets and diagrams. The State University of New York at Throg’s Neck (SUNY Maritime Museum) were given a U-boat history collection of over 500 volumes in 2019.